Does it make sense? Paying few hundred thousand Ringgit the only advantage is you can blast your Tweeters sound as loud as you like and no one cares. Other than that you gain nothing.
This is what you would get if you buy a property in a secluded area specially built for such purposes. Other than that you don’t get anything at all. Bear in mind the ground floor cannot be and will never be rented out as the location of the properties are at the secluded area.
Furthermore it is not for the purposes of business and commercialization other than for swiftlets to stay and make nests. What if in the even Swiftlets don’t stay and make nests in the unit you have bought…….?? Have you ever thought of that? I guess not!
If fact it is the trend now, developers are jumping in to the band wagon taking this opportunity and make as much money as they could. Can’t blame them they are all entrepreneurs who see this lucrative returns on the advantages of those ignorant newbie investors.
How these opportunities arise? Firstly it was due to enforcement that has been talked about since if I could remember when swiftlets farming existed (it never materialized anyway).
As usual fear is the best factor that triggers purchase just like Insurance. That is why most if not all Insurance companies are making tons of money. Entrepreneurs knew this very well therefore they are targeting this group of newbies or semi-newbies by providing security and licensing as a whole package.
Secondly, it is due to greed where on papers the developers promise certain returns and guarantee certain things. All projected nicely on papers for the next 5 years and so on in a conference room with Air-conditioner, drinks free flow, lunch and gifts. In reality it may not work this way.
Like I had always said successful farmers have very big baxxx they have no fear of what comes next as long it doesn’t cause harm to others therefore to them enforcement thingy comes secondary. Successful farmers would never go and buy shoplot unit or semi-Ds or Bungalow types of farms located in a secluded area which built by these entrepreneurs if they want they build it themselves.
Successful & experienced farmers knew very well in any situation there will never be all farms located in a same area would share the same success. This is the fact of any businesses, 10% of the people make 90% of the money and the 90% share the rest of the 10%. Swiftlet farming is not exempted from such theory therefore 80-90% failed.
Go to any places like Setiawan, Krai, Pekan, T. Intan,Segamat, you name it any town famous for swiftlet farming if you know the local community there who are into Swiftlet farming they will tell you not all the farms in the town are successful. Perhaps only few farms from the whole roll of shops converted into swiftlets farm made it the rest still struggling.
By understanding such theory therefore the local would never buy all these building built by these entrepreneurs who capitalize on the fear factor and the ignorance’s of those invested.
I could say 100% of those who purchased such building are not local. There are from out station like K.L , JB, and so on. The local won’t be stupid enough to buy it because they knew what is going to happen next.
Outsiders especially newbies who have not seen birds before, the moment you take them tour to places like the above their eyes would pop out and wanting to own a farm around those areas.
With such trend going on it is not surprised the price of builing in a secluded area of nowhere would be more expensive than one in the Klang valley.
Because of the demand for such building for swiftlet farming this has pushed the price of building and lands.
The trend of building farms for those who are fear of the enforcement would continue and I am sure there will be many entrepreneurs taking this opportunity to build such building and parks.
Good farming All!