( New Swiftlet farm : Open Roof -Video recorded 5 min after the sound switched on )
Often friends would ask “have the Swiftlets entered your farm?” This is what they would normally ask if they knew that you have just started the sound of your new farm.
This is the first stage a Swiflet farm has to go thru and many farms failed to achieve this first stage or level. To some, making swiftlets to enter their new farms is a difficult task what more to make them stay and make nests.
Readers often ask why birds are playing at the hex tweeters or flying around the entrance-hole or high above but make no effort to enter the farms? Obviously there are problems if a farm started its sounds and no birds come and play and enter the farms.
I had never encountered such problem, Thank you God. I could confidently say all the new farms that I had started, the moment the sound is switched on within minute Swiftlets already in the roving area curiously checking out the new farm.
Though this is nothing to be impressed or proud of but for many to achieve this is hard. My questions to those who can’t achieve or pass this first stage are: Have you done enough? And the things you should observe and re-check are:
1) The Type of Tweeters and their placement at the entrance –hole. (certain tweeters produced sound that disliked by birds)
2) Are you using the correct and good quality sound? (Use sound with good frequency of attracting birds)
3) Have you applied Aroma at the entrance-Hole? (This is a must for new farm to reduce shock. You would notice the differences if you use Love Potion.)
4) You may have used too many sounds that confused the birds.
5) You may have used too many tweeters at the entrance hole.
6) Have you applied aroma at the roving? (This is to make birds feel comfortable at the roving. Once they are comfortable at the roving they would stay longer thus flying into the nesting area)
7) And many more
There are solutions for every problem in a farm. It is a matter of whether you know how to identify them and solve them.
Most of the problems are man-made. This is due to the lack of understanding of how a good swiftlet farm should be made.
So if you encountered the above problems go and check it out.
Good Swiftlet farming All! Best is to Share. Be Generous and Kind Hearted.